Thursday, December 17, 2020

PEACH BREAD

 I found this recipe for Peach Bread on a slow day at the thrift shop. I thought I would flip through some cookbooks for sale in the book department and copied it down. I didn't write down the name of the cookbook, but I know this is what happened because the recipe was written on the back side of thrift shop calendars for the customer. It was the calendar for the month of Easter so it must have been last year because of COVID-19, I wasn't going into volunteer at that time this year. It's too bad that it took me so long to make it, because the loaves were super good! 


PEACH BREAD

2       cups sliced fresh peaches (I used fresh peach slices that I had frozen.)

3       teaspoons cinnamon

1/4    cups sugar

*     *     *

2       cups sugar

4       eggs

1       cup oil

3       cups flour

1       teaspoon salt

1       tablespoon baking powder

1/3    cup pineapple juice

1       teaspoon vanilla

1       teaspoon almond extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease five mini loaf pans and set aside. (Could make fewer larger loaves and just adjust cooking time.)


Slice peaches and mix with cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.

(I combined the cinnamon and sugar together first in a small bowl.


I did decide to chop my slices after I mixed in the cinnamon and sugar.)


In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, the 2 cups of sugar along with the oil beating until well blended.



Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl in a smaller bowl.


Alternately add the dry ingredients (3 times) with

the pineapple juice (2 times) to the egg mixture mixing well after each addition. (Start and end with dry ingredients.)

Mix in extracts.


The peaches by this time.

Using half of the batter, put an equal amount in each pan. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture.) Divide peach mixture evenly among the pans spooning it on top of the batter. 


Pour remaining batter over the peaches, being careful to distribute it evenly.

(My large ice cream scoop worked great for dividing the batter and

"spooning" it in the pans.
)





Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until loaves test done.

Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.






I took a loaf each to our son Patrick and his family and to Carol, Lori's mother, at Thanksgiving. I saved two loaves for us and gave the other one to Friend Fran since she was staying home on Thanksgiving. Really delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment