Tuesday, December 22, 2020

LEMON DATE PECAN MUFFINS

 Day 2 of my "Gifts from the Kitchen" posts that I have been making and giving to our nearest neighbors. I had two candy-like treats and an Old-Fashioned Ginger Cookie (I'll be sharing that soon) I was sharing. I wanted to have one more treat and thought a muffin recipe would be good. 

I found this recipe for Lemon Date Pecan Muffin in The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook. It was contributed from the Historic American River Inn in Georgetown, CA. I love everything in the title - Lemon, Dates, Pecans, and of course the fact that it was a muffin.

After I made them, Wayne wanted to eat one and I told him what they were. His comment? "Wow, I can really taste the lemon and date both in it. Usually I can taste one but not both ingredients." 

I ran out of the Ginger Cookies when I was dividing the treats out among the neighbors so had to make a different cookie Monday. After I finished my light dinner (supper) Sunday night, I couldn't help but take one of the muffins I had bagged up for a neighbor and ate it. SO that meant I had to make a new muffin Monday. It probably won't get shared with you until next week. Sorry, but you can make it and enjoy it for yourselves or give a Happy New Year gift.



LEMON DATE PECAN MUFFINS

1/2       cup brown sugar, firmly packed

6          tablespoons unsalted butter

5          tablespoons lemon juice

1/4       cup honey

*     *     *

1/2       cup sour cream

1          egg

1          tablespoon grated lemon peel (I use dried lemon peel)

*     *     *

1-3/4    cups flour

1-1/2    teaspoons baking powder

1/2       teaspoon baking soda

3/4       teaspoon salt

*     *     *

1          cup chopped dates

1          cup chopped pecans

1/4       cup hot water



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin cups Set aside.


In a saucepan, heat the brown sugar, butter, lemon juice, and honey until hot and blended.

(I brought it to a boil.)


In a mixing bowl, whisk the sour cream, egg, and lemon peel

til smooth.

Whisk in the brown sugar mixture.


Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.

Add to the liquid ingredients and

stir.

Add the dates, pecans, and hot water and

stir until blended.


Divide batter evenly in the muffin tin. (I made 12 mini-Bundt muffins and

6 regular-sized muffins.
) Recipe says it will make 14 regular muffins.


Bake in oven til done. 20 minutes for regular muffins. I cooked the mini-muffins 15 minutes.


Allow to cool 5 - 10 minutes. Remove and finish cooling on wire rack unless you plan to serve them right away.


Don't forget to come back for the Old-Fashioned Ginger Cookies from the Amish. Here's a sneak peak...

4 comments:

  1. What are amounts of the dry ingredients? This sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, Jackie! Thank you so much for catching my error! I can't believe I omitted it, but I have corrected the recipe now. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Happy 2021. Patricia

      Delete
  2. Thank You!! Can’t wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stepping into 2024 in style involves not only choosing a fashionable ensemble but also considering thoughtful New Year gift ideas for your loved ones. As the clock strikes midnight, you'll not only look and feel fabulous but also share the joy of the season with those who matter most. Here's to a stylish and unforgettable ,New Year Corporate Gift.

    ReplyDelete