Thursday, December 10, 2020

CRANBERRY ORANGE SUGAR COOKIES

 Monday when I went to clean at Hillcrest Thrift Shop Volunteer Lolah told me about these easy cookies that she had been making for her husband's work colleagues. She got my attention with the word "easy" and then "cranberry sugar cookies" sealed the deal. 

She explained completely how she made them and then told me it was impossible to find the cranberry quick bread and muffin mix and she had to order it online. Thanks, Lolah! 😉 

I thought I had seen some at Aldi so when I finished cleaning, I went by there to see. Unfortunately if I had seen some there, they were all gone. I also dropped by Menards because that's where hers ended up coming from. They had several kinds but no cranberry. 

So there was nothing for me to do right then but to come home and check online. I did see that Price Choppers' was supposed to have them but that grocery store is farther away. I also saw that Wal-mart sold the cranberry orange mix which I had forgotten about. I needed to eat some lunch so it was later in the afternoon before I went to Wal-mart and bought three boxes.

I know it wasn't what Lola used, but I figured it ought to work. When I started making them, I found a container of red sugar that I had bought to use with the grandchildren sometimes and hadn't. I thought that would give them a special festive look. 

When I made them, the first cookie sheet, I didn't remember that I was supposed to flatten them until I was making up the second cookie sheet. So I had 12 cookies a little fatter, 12 cookies flatten, and the last ones, I rolled in regular sugar so you can see the cranberries in the cookies. I took some to the Madison and Tyler even though they didn't get to help me bake them.



CRANBERRY ORANGE SUGAR COOKIES

1        box Cranberry Orange Quick Bread and Muffin mix (or if you are lucky enough to find just the cranberry quick bread and muffin mix, use it)

1-1/2  sticks of butter, melted 

sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Combine the dry mix with the melted butter in a mixing bowl.



Stir til dough forms.

(I had a separate container of cranberries to add to the dough.)


Using a small cookie scoop,

scoop out a glob of dough, roll into a ball in the palm of your hands.

Roll in a small container of sugar.

Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Flatten with a glass.

Bake 10 - 12 minutes.

Remove and cool on wire rack. 









The three kinds I made...


The flattened ones...


The ones I forgot to flatten...


The ones with regular sugar...

No comments:

Post a Comment