Tuesday, December 15, 2020

CAPE COD CRANBERRY MUFFINS

December is going by so quickly! I don't know why. Twenty-four hours is twenty-four hours after all. December is almost half over and I'm not sure where the first half went. 

I am finished with my Christmas shopping. Wore my fingers raw this year but my shoes still look like new. This is the first year I have not bought something in a store. I did have to go "into" Target to pick up two items I ordered for Madison. The third thing she wanted had to be shipped from Target. It didn't take long though as there was not a line. Now I just have to wrap everything.

Last Monday I got up a little earlier to make these muffins to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop. I usually bake something Sunday afternoon, but I was busy with other things. When I saw this recipe for Cape Cod Cranberry Muffins from The Thomas Huckins House, a B & B in Barnstable Village, Cape Cod, Mass., I thought they would taste great if I took them in still warm. 

One thing I love about this time of the year is I can get plenty of fresh cranberries in the stores. I will eventually freeze them so I can have "fresh" cranberries all year long.

The recipe makes 12 muffins, but I decided to make 24 mini-muffins. They were easy to make just took a little while cutting the cup of fresh cranberries in halves.

Best of all, they were so-o-o-o good!



CAPE COD CRANBERRY MUFFINS

1       cup cranberries (fresh)

1/4    cup sugar

*     *    *

2       cups flour

1/4    cup sugar

3       teaspoons baking powder

1/2    teaspoon salt

*     *     *

1       egg, beaten

3/4    cup milk

1/4    cup butter, melted (1/2 a stick)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or spray muffin tin for 12 muffins or for 24 mini-muffins. Set aside.


Cut the cranberries in half and combine with 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.


Sift together the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.

Make a "well" in the center. Set aside. 



In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, and butter. (I measured the milk in a glass measuring cup and then added egg. After beating the two together,

I added the melted butter. That saved having another bowl to wash.
)


Add the liquid ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and

stir just until mixed.


Stir in the cranberries and sugar mixture.


Divide batter among the muffin cups.


Bake for 25 minutes for 12 muffins or about 15 minutes or until done for 24 mini-muffins.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment