Wednesday, May 1, 2019

BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE BARS

I'm writing this post on Monday, my husband Wayne's birthday. He is playing in what has become a birthday tradition for him - a benefit golf tournament for nearby Parkville. He and our younger son Patrick and Friend Mike and his son Ryan make the foursome. The last couple of years I have joined Wayne and Patrick for breakfast at our nearby favorite restaurant/cafe, Roxanne's before they head out for the day.

I came home and watched two Hallmark Christmas movies I had recorded and then decided I needed to move around a little or at least move to another room. So after taking a while to find the recipe for these Butterscotch Fudge Bars I made for Friend Fran who was hosting our Farkle/Yahtzee group, I am on our "new back porch" sitting on the love seat glider multi-tasking...watching a past episode of Barnwood Builders with my Roku and DIY app and writing this post. (I had 3 years saved on our DVR and discovered that all of the episodes are on the DIY app so that meant I could free up some space on the DVR. Yay!)  

These butterscotch fudge bars were so delicious and with an added scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, even more fabulous and just what our Yahtzee game needed. Butterscotch chips just add so much to a dessert. I love them!

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


BUTTERSCOTCH FUDGE BARS

1/2     cup butter (1 stick)
1        square (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate
2/3     cup packed brown sugar
1        egg
1        teaspoon vanilla extract
1        cup flour
1        teaspoon baking powder
dash salt
1        cup butterscotch chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray a 9 - inch square baking pan. Set aside.

In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
Remove from the heat;
stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm.
Add egg and vanilla;
mix well.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt;
stir into chocolate mixture until blended.
Stir in chips.


Spread into pan.
Bake for 22 to 27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
Cool on a wire rack.
Cut into squares and
serve.



or add a scoop of ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment