Friday, May 3, 2019

BEST CARROT CAKE EVER

Friend Dorothy TREATED us canasta girls to the best carrot cake ever this afternoon. I don't think I have ever eaten any carrot cake that was better. It tastes as good as any carrot cake I have ever eaten at a restaurant. 😋 I just had to hurry and get this out tonight to share with you tomorrow (Friday). Dorothy said it was an old recipe ... that all of her recipes were old. I asked her if she used fat free cream cheese and she said, "I didn't cheat on anything in this cake and ruin the taste." Dorothy is so funny. (BTW, she and Ellen and I were partners and we beat Fran, Janice, and Sharon even in the "revenge round". It was a good afternoon! 😁 

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


BEST CARROT CAKE EVER

2       cups sugar
1-1/2 cups Crisco oil
4       eggs
2-1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2       teaspoons salt
2       teaspoons soda
2       teaspoons cinnamon
3       cups coarsely-grated raw carrots
1-1/2 cups chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan. Set aside.

Combine sugar, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.

Sift dry ingredients together; add to oil mixture and beat at low speed for 1 minute.

Add grated carrots and nuts.

Spread batter in pan and bake for about 1 hour, until cake tests done with a toothpick. When cool, spread with Cream Cheese Frosting.

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

1         package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/4      cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
2         teaspoons vanilla
1         package (1 pound) powdered sugar (sift if lumpy)

Let cream cheese and butter warm to room temperature. Beat them together and add the vanilla. Gradually beat in the sugar. Add more sugar to thicken or milk to thin frosting if needed for good spreading consistency.




2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love carrot cake so I will have to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I don't think you will be sorry. Lol. I'm really sure I have never tasted better. Patricia

      Delete