Wednesday, January 23, 2019

CHOCOLATE GINGERSNAPS


When it was evident that we would not be getting out on Saturday due to the weather, I was glad to see that the cookie jar was miserably empty. I didn't want to make a cake or pie or anything big, because I was afraid I just might sit and eat it all over the weekend. Well, maybe not all of it, but definitely more than I needed to eat. 

I really like gingersnaps and when I saw this recipe for chocolate gingersnaps, I thought, "Perfect! Gingersnaps and chocolate. How could these not work?!" And "work" they do! OMG. Just a little bit crunchy and just a little bit soft. They are even more tasty with a little glass of milk.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


CHOCOLATE GINGERSNAPS

1     package chocolate cake mix without pudding in the mix (I used a devil's food cake mix. I would have used a sugar free one if I had had it.)
1/3  cup oil
2     eggs
1     tablespoons ground ginger
1/4  cup sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or use nonstick cookie sheets. (Clean each cookie sheet with a paper towel if using the nonstick ones after using.)


Place cake mix, oil, eggs, and ginger in a large mixing bowl and
beat until well blended.
Using a cookie scoop, measure out a level scoop of dough,
roll into a ball in hand, and then
roll in sugar in a small bowl to coat.
Place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
Bake 12 minutes.
Cool cookies 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheet before
removing them to finish cooling on wire rack.












Makes 3-1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment