Thursday, January 3, 2019

CAROL'S BABY FOOD CARROT CAKE

The Amish Easy Carrot Cake recipe I shared with you recently was the best ever! The reason I found the recipe was because I knew Friend Carol was going to make a carrot cake for us when we had dinner with them earlier in December and I decided I couldn't wait. 😊 

Her Baby Food Carrot Cake was different but also very delicious! I used to have a recipe for carrot cake that used baby food carrots a long time ago, but haven't seen it in as long. Carol almost always substitutes stevia for sugar in recipes, but this time she said she used the real stuff.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.



BABY FOOD CARROT CAKE

2         cups flour
2         cups sugar
1         teaspoon salt
4         eggs
1-1/2   cups oil
2        (4 - oz) jars baby food strained carrots
2        teaspoons baking soda
3/4     cup chopped walnuts
1-1/2  teaspoon cinnamon
1/2     cup golden raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish.

Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, eggs, oil, and carrots with a spoon in a large mixing bowl.

Add walnuts and raisins.

Pour into baking dish.

Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. (Carol covers the edges with foil after the first 20 minutes.)

Ice with a vanilla or cream cheese icing.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to see this! Been looking for about 5 years for one using baby food. Found one once then lost it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- Like I said, I lost mine, too. Good to have it again. Happy New Year, Terri.

      Delete