Friday, January 11, 2019

EASY PEASY FUDGE

It was good to get together with friends for an afternoon of Mexican Train yesterday. After having a colder December than normal, it has been nice to have a warmer January. We have had quite a few days already with highs in the upper 50s and plenty of sunshine. Just to remind us that it is January the last couple of days it has felt like January. So it was good to have a reason to get out, but enjoy an afternoon inside. It's not quite the same when you are inside someone else's house.

Anyway, Janice offered us a number of different things for a light lunch and this fudge was one. I managed to get a picture before all of the pieces were eaten. I told her she would have to give me the recipe and her response was "it's so easy". I reminded her how much I like "easy".

Click here to get a printable version of just the recipe.


EASY PEASY FUDGE

1     16 - oz package miniature marshmallows
1     24 - oz package chocolate chips
5     tablespoons butter or margarine
1     22 - oz can sweetened condensed milk

Line a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish with wax paper.

Melt the chips, butter, and milk in a large pan or skillet over low heat. Stir to melt.

When melted, stir in marshmallows.

Quickly pour into prepared dish.

Chill and the cut into squares.

May add peanuts if you like.

3 comments:

  1. Patricia, I have only ever seen 14 ounce cans of sweetened condensed milk. Did she use more than 1 can and just measure 22 ounces?

    Thanks.

    Liz B in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz, I asked Janice about that after I wrote the post and she said she did. The recipe was old and I don't know if you used to be able to buy it in the larger can or not. But you would have to buy two cans and measure out the ounces. I think the chips have the same issues. Patricia

      Delete
  2. Patricia, thanks so much for the clarification. I remember seeing chocolate chips in the larger bags at some point, but it's an easy change to just use two (12 ounce) bags if they are no longer available. Thanks again. I really enjoy reading your blog and recipes.

    Liz B in PA

    ReplyDelete