Monday, January 14, 2019

CHERRY CHOO-CHOOS

What can I say? I LOVE COOKIES! I guess you could just call me the Cookie Monster. 

I know some people think they are so much trouble and it takes so much of your time baking them. I admit there are times I just want to mix up a cake and put it in the oven for 45 (+) minutes, but most of the time, it doesn't bother me at all. Those few minutes while the cookies are baking, I can do some quick chore I need to do.

AND I LOVE THESE COOKIES! These Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of mini chocolate chips and chopped maraschino cherries. What more could you ask for?!

This is the second cookie recipe I have made from the Home Cooking With The Moyer Family. The cookbook was put together by Cathy (Early) Soto from Lawrence, KS. This recipe comes from her nine year old daughter, Chelsea Humerickhouse.

Click here to get a printable version of just the recipe.


CHERRY CHOO-CHOOS

1       cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained (10 - oz jar)
3/4    cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened (I used butter at room temperature)
1/2    cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup stevia/sugar blend)
1/2    cup packed brown sugar
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       egg
2       cups flour
1       teaspoon baking soda
1       cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Chop cherries (I cut in fourths) and place on paper towel and pat dry.

Stir butter, sugars, vanilla, and egg in large bowl
until mixed. (I used my electric mixer.)
(If you want to hurry along butter to room temperature, cut in slices.) 











Stir in flour and baking soda.(Oops! Forgot to take a picture.)

Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (I used my cookie scoop) about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
Cool 1 minute before removing cookies from cookie sheet
to finish cooling on wire rack. Clean cookie sheet with paper towel and let cool a few minutes before you drop more dough on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment