Monday, April 24, 2017

VEGETABLE PIZZA

I do enjoy winning! I admit it. Don't get me wrong. I have fun just getting together with friends. BUT it is a little more fun to be on the winning side. Thursday our quilters' canasta group met at Friend Dorothy's house and I had a LOT of fun. After we finish the game, we always have time to play a hand or two we call a "revenge round" where hopefully the losing team will have better luck and win. 

After dessert (Marie Callender's chocolate pie - OMG), I dealt out the cards for the revenge hand. Then I picked up a cookbook that Dorothy thought I would be interested in checking out. Each time it was my turn to play, I had no idea what cards had been discarded. I could see what cards my partners had laid down and that was easy to add to. The hard part was trying to decide if I should pick up the pile. One time when I could but it didn't feel like many cards in the pile, I said, "Oh well, we are supposed to let them win this time, aren't we?" Dorothy, Ellen, and Janice didn't think that was as funny as my partners did. I ended up drawing two new cards and one of them gave us a clean canasta. "Good choice, Partner. Good choice," said Sharon. We ended up playing two extra hands, but we won anyway. As I said it was a really fun afternoon. (Right, Fran and Sharon?!)

But to the real purpose for this post...to share the Vegetable Pizza Dorothy made to share. This is a great appetizer for your next gathering or even a light lunch.



VEGETABLE PIZZA

2        8-oz cans crescent rolls dough
1         8-oz package cream cheese, softened
1         teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8     teaspoon garlic powder
fresh vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, carrot strips, mushrooms, tomatoes, radishes,...

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Press the dough into a ungreased 15 x 10 x 1 - inch baking pan to form the crust.

Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.

Combine the cream cheese, dill, and garlic powder til smooth and well blended.

Spread over the crust. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.

Top with sliced or chopped fresh vegetables.

Cut into squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment