Monday, April 17, 2017

CRESCENT CHICKEN ROLLS

You will love these Crescent Chicken Rolls if you love chicken and want dinner that is super easy to make and best of all so delicious!

I was going to use one of my huge chicken breast, but found some chicken tenders I had frozen that needed to be cooked and decided to use them instead. I think I cooked about 10 - 12 tenders in the slow cooker. It didn't take all of them for the recipe, but I just made some chicken salad for our lunch with the leftover chicken. Depending on the size of the chicken breast, you probably would need 1 to 2 breasts. (If you had leftover chicken, you could use it.) I also used sharp cheddar cheese and skim milk. The cream of chicken soup was also a "healthy" one. I almost forgot - I used "reduced fat" rolls, also.

All that being said, they surely were good. I know I will be making them again.


CRESCENT CHICKEN ROLLS

1      6 - 8 count package of refrigerator crescent rolls (I did use reduced fat ones.)
2     cups cooked chicken - chopped or shredded
1      cup (4 - oz) shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp cheddar cheese)
1      cup cream of chicken soup
1      can milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the soup and milk in a medium size bowl, and mix until well blended. Set aside.

Open rolls and separate into 8 pieces.

Fill the large end with chicken and
then top with some cheese.

Bring the narrow end of the roll up and over to the back side of roll. (If you are generous with the chicken and cheese as I was, the narrow end will just go around to the back (bottom) side.)

Place in an 8 or 9 - inch square baking dish. (I fit two rows with three rolls and then laid the last two down the side.) If you have some chicken and cheese left, just fill in the spaces between the rolls with them.



Pour the soup mixture over the rolls to cover. (They won't be submerged but make sure that you pour the soup mixture over each roll.)

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.  


Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

They do come nicely out of the dish and hold their shape.




I think I saw the recipe on Facebook. It was from 77 Easy Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment