Tuesday, August 16, 2016

WARM CHERRY TRIFLE SPOON DESSERT

The last time I worked at Hillcrest Thrift Shop, I had to plan something in the slow cooker to take for the volunteers because my new gas stove was installed too late for me to bake anything the night before. I have prepared a number of treats in my slow cooker for them that were a big hit. This one was also. 

I have enjoyed Cherry Trifle Dessert before but this was the first time I have seen a recipe that served it "warm". Volunteer Ellie told me she usually prefers desserts that are chocolate but she really, really liked this one. It was a nice change eating it warm.


WARM CHERRY TRIFLE SPOON DESSERT

1      cup powdered sugar
1      (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, at room temperature
1      (8-ounce) container sugar-free whipped topping
1/4  cup chopped pecans or walnuts (I omitted this time)
5      cups cubed angel food cake
1       (20-ounce) can light cherry pie filling

Beat together the powdered sugar and the cream cheese til smooth.
Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Add the whipped topping and chopped nuts.
Fold until completely mixed.
Stir in the angel food cake cubes.
Mix well.


Pour half the cake mixture into the cooker.

Spread half of the can of pie filling over the mixture.

Top with the rest of the cake mixture.

Spread the rest of the pie filling on top.

Cover and cook on LOW for 1 hour.






Serve warm from the cooker with a large spoon.

The recipe came from Dawn Hall's Busy People's Slow Cooker Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment