Friday, August 19, 2016

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BREAD

Last Thursday the Mexican Train group of the Northland New Neighbors' League met at Friend Dee's house for another fun afternoon. We always have so much fun when we meet and this time was no exception. 

I think I was the last one arriving and Dee was already dishing out the Double Chocolate Bread on a plate so I didn't get a picture of it in the loaf pan. I was excited to see something I could possibly share with you here on my blog. (I told her I needed something for next week for Friday. While my "wound" is healing on my leg where I had an "in situ" melanoma removed, I haven't been doing as much baking/cooking.)

The quick bread is so delicious and moist!! I can't say it enough. 

Dee used a double chocolate with chocolate chips muffin and quick bread mix that she got at Aldi. Just in case you do not have an Aldi grocery store, I saw a chocolate muffin and quick bread mix in Hy-Vee. Not sure if it contained chocolate chips but if your mix doesn't, just about a half of cup.


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BREAD

1             chocolate muffin and quick bread mix
2/3        cup milk
2            eggs
1/2         oil
1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips if they are not included in mix.
1/4         cup peanut butter chips (optional, but they really taste good in the bread)
chopped nuts for top of bread

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease loaf pan (9 x 5 - inch)

Mix all ingredients til smooth.

Pour into loaf pan  and then sprinkle chopped nuts on top. 

Bake for 45 minutes.


Thanks Dee for a fun afternoon and definitely "a keeper" recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment