Wednesday, August 17, 2016

SEA SALT SWEET POTATOES

I saw this recipe for sea salt sweet potatoes in the paper Sunday in the coupon section. Since it was advertising Morton Coarse Sea Salt, I will give them credit for the recipe.

I brought home some sweet potatoes a couple of weeks ago from Hillcrest Thrift Shop. I don't know who brought them for the volunteers, but there were several bags still there when I got there to work the middle shift. They were all small sweet potatoes but that was fine for my husband and me.

When I saw this recipe, I decided I would give it a try using the sweet potatoes. The recipe called for 2 lbs (about 3 medium sweet potatoes). I just chose 4 of my small ones because I felt like that was about what we would have eaten if I had baked them. When I peeled and cut them up, I had about 1-1/2 cups.

They were really good and my husband told me to make them again. That is always a good recommendation.




SEA SALT SWEET POTATOES


2     lbs (about 3 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
1/2  teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more for finishing (I did use fine sea salt)
2     tablespoons canola oil
1/4  teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4  cup maple syrup
1/4  cup pecan pieces

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan with cooking spray.


Mix the sea salt, canola oil, pepper, and syrup in a small bowl.







Toss the sweet potatoes pieces with the sauce mixture coating well.







Arrange the mixture in the baking pan....with the potatoes a single layer.



Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.





Remove from oven and place in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecan pieces and sprinkle with additional sea salt before serving.



To print this recipe, there should  be a print icon at the bottom of this post. If you do not see it, scroll up and click on the title of the post. You will be taken to just the one post and the print icon will be the first icon on the bar. When the print window opens, you will have the option to remove the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment