Friday, June 5, 2015

CINNAMON - TOAST BLUEBERRY BAKE

I'm in Heaven! Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I just enjoyed the most scrumptious blueberry and cinnamon toast dish. I added some Greek yogurt to make it a meal, but you could even enjoy it for that late night snack. It is so good, you will be thinking of occasions to make it.

Friend Janice loaned me some magazines the other day and I found a recipe in one of the Taste of Home magazines by Claire Watson of Cape Girardeau. She used four 8 - ounce ramekins but the ones I have are only 6 - ounce. At first I was going to make it in a 1- quart casserole dish but at the last minute I decided to use my French White Corning Ware dish that I think is considered to be 2  cups. I also made a few more changes from Claire's recipe but wanted to give her credit for inspiring me.


CINNAMON - TOAST BLUEBERRY BAKE

2       slices whole wheat bread
buttery spread
1        teaspoon cinnamon "sugar" (3 tablespoons stevia + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
1/2    cup blueberries (Mine were fresh ones I had frozen)
1        tablespoon brown sugar blend
1        teaspoon lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Lightly toast the bread...

Butter it generously...

Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon + of the cinnamon "sugar" to cover it generously... (By the time I could take my picture, some had soaked into the melting butter but I could have been a little more generous)

Cut the cinnamon toast into small pieces...

Toss the blueberries with the brown sugar in a small bowl and then sprinkle with lemon juice...

Place the pieces of one of the pieces of toast in the baking dish...

Sprinkle about half of the blueberry mixture on top...

Repeat with the second piece of toast and finish with the rest of the blueberry mixture.,.

Bake for 15 minutes.

Enjoy...

May add a little Greek yogurt ... (I thought I had some blueberry yogurt but didn't so I used vanilla)

Be careful with handling to eat...the dish will be hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment