Monday, June 8, 2015

SAUCY GRILLED PORK CHOPS

I did it all by myself. I'm sure you have heard a child say this. I'm a long way from being a child, but that's how I felt when I grilled the pork chops for our dinner "all by myself". My husband was on the phone taking care of some business and not sure how long he was going to take, I just decided to not wait on him to grill them.

I brought the temperature up to 350 degrees F by turning the front "burners" about half way between High and Medium and the back "burners" on Medium. I didn't start the timer until the temperature had gotten back to that temperature after placing the chops on the grill and turning them over. Five minutes on each side then was perfect!

I saw Misty Schneider of Bayport, MN recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. She said her Mamaw in Kentucky always grilled her pork chops like this. The only differences were I used boneless pork chops instead of bone-in pork chops and since I was only cooking two chops, I cut the recipe in fourths.


SAUCY GRILLED PORK CHOPS

1/2       cup butter, melted (2 tablespoons)
1/2       cup packed brown sugar (2 tablespoons)
1/2       cup lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
8          pork chops (2 boneless pork chops)

Melt the butter in the microwave and then add the brown sugar and lemon juice.

Baste the pork chops generously on both sides. Set aside.

Pour a little oil on a folded paper towel and rub on grill to coat to prevent meat from sticking to the grill.

Heat grill to 350 degrees F. 
and grill each side 5 minutes (145 degrees F)

Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes.

Heat the basting in the microwave and drizzle over the chops before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment