Monday, February 18, 2013

CAROL'S PROTEIN BREAKFAST COOKIES

Several months ago I posted a recipe for Multi-grain Banana Breakfast Cookies (See HERE). 

My friend Carol always eats a light lunch if she is eating a big dinner.  Her light lunch always consisted of a granola bar and a banana.  When she saw my recipe for the breakfast cookies, she decided to give it a try.  

Well, she loved the recipe.  Enough that she no longer buys granola bars but has two cookies and a banana.  Soon after she made them, she told me that she had added chocolate soy protein to my recipe for added protein.  

The other day she told me she finally had the recipe where she liked it.  She sent me the recipe and I made them today.  I like the chocolate.  Who wouldn't?!  

Anyway, if you are counting calories (65 calories/cookie) and want a light lunch, I hope you will give Carol's recipe or my original one a try.  You know they would also be a good choice for a snack for your kids.  They would love you for it. AND of course, they still work really well to grab two on your way out the door for breakfast when your schedule doesn't allow more.





CAROL'S PROTEIN BREAKFAST COOKIES


¼ cup light margarine
½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 mashed bananas
1 egg
½ cup natural peanutbutter ( I used soybutter)
1 cup flour                                                                         
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 ½  cup quick oats
2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 scoops chocolate Soy protein
1-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream butter & sugar.  

Add vanilla, bananas, peanut butter and egg and mix until smooth.  

Mix dry ingredients together and gradually add to creamed mixture by hand. (The batter is thick--sorry Carol, I mixed the dry ingredients in using my mixture on low.) 

Stir in chips. 

Use a cookie scoop to form cookies. (After the first pan, I flattened the cookies slightly with my fingers.)   

Bake 9 minutes. 
These are from the first pan and I left the "cookies" as they came out of the scoop.  It doesn't really matter as they taste the same.

STORE in the freezer in a ziplock bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment