Tuesday, August 1, 2023

BRENDA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES with M & M's

 One of my favorite things to do with my grandkids is make something with them. It doesn't have to mean baking/cooking with them; it can be something crafty too. Both can be a lot of fun. I don't get to do as much as I would like to, but I try to do something with my MO grandkids whenever we have them for the day. It's a little harder with the CO grandkids since our time with them is less.

Cafe Treats Baker Brenda loves to make these chocolate chip cookies with her six-year old twin granddaughters. She modified the original recipe because they love the mini M & M's. It also makes a prettier cookie when you use mini add-ins, thus the mini M & M's and the mini chocolate chips.

Brenda is always quick to remind me she only uses King Arthur flour and Kerry gold salted butter. She also always uses parchment paper. Actually, a lot of my baking friends do the latter. I find myself tearing off a piece myself when I am baking cookies. 

Brenda has sent me several extra pictures over the last few weeks of different times she has made the cookies with her granddaughters so I was able to share more than just the picture of them at church. I may have to try the recipe with Madison and Tyler. No telling what add-ins we will use as they love to dig into my pantry and pull out different ones that I have on the shelf. I'll let you know.



PRINT RECIPE.

BRENDA'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES with M & M's

3       cups flour

1       teaspoon baking soda

1/2    teaspoon baking powder

1       teaspoon sea salt (Brenda omits)

1       cup salted butter, softened

1       cup granulated sugar

1       cup light brown sugar

2       teaspoons vanilla

2       large eggs

1/2    cup mini M & M's

1/2    cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a whisk. Set aside.

Beat together the butter and sugars until creamy.

Beat in the eggs, and vanilla until fluffy.

Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.

Add the m & m's and mini-chocolate chips mixing well to distribute.

Use a small cookie scoop to form cookies.

Bake in the oven for 9 minutes.



Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment