Wednesday, August 2, 2023

JEAN'S CARROT CAKE COOKIES

 

I have a really hard time passing up carrot cake. Carrot Cake was a specialty of my aunt Corine. You could always count on her bringing one whenever the family got together. AND I don't even have her recipe. I need to put that at the top of my TO DO LIST to ask my cousin Marie if she has it.

When Cafe Treats Baker Jean sent a text saying that she would make Carrot Cake Cookies and then sent an email with her recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies, I was really pleased to hear this. Apparently everyone else was pleased also because there were only about 5 or 6 leftover after church. I brought them home to freeze for another Sunday, but I have to admit, I decided that wasn't enough to fool with freezing and I have been enjoying them myself along with my husband Wayne. They are so good. 

And they are so pretty also. Don't you agree?



PRINT RECIPE.

CARROT CAKE COOKIES

1     package (about 18 ounces) spice cake mix

1/2  cup flour

1/2  cup oil

1/4  cup water

1     egg, lightly beaten

1/2  cup shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)

2/3  cup raisins

Prepared cream cheese frosting


Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or grease a nonstick sheet pan. Set aside.

Combine the cake mix, flour, oil, water, and egg in a large mixing bowl.

Stir in the shredded carrots and raisins until well blended.

Chill dough for 30 to 45 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. 

Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until they begin to set around the edges. 

Cool for 1 minutes before removing the cookies from the pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Cool completely before spreading lightly with the premade cream cheese frosting.

Store in an airtight container with wax paper between layers. Store in the refrigerator for best results.

No comments:

Post a Comment