Tuesday, August 15, 2023

JUNE'S BROWNIES

Sunday the visitors to the Cafe Treats at church were treated to an assortment of treats as always and especially to these delicious Brownies made by Cafe Treats Baker June. I put one aside to eat later in the day as I placed them out on a platter. 

I couldn't help but notice what a perfect brownie they were. They didn't fall apart as I picked them up individually as June had cut them to lay them out on the platter so everyone would be able to pick one up with the plastic tongs. Some brownies will fall apart either as I pick them up or someone will attempt to pick one up, but not these. 

When I saw June as we were leaving church, I reminded her to send me her recipe. She laughed and said it was lots of sugar and eggs and butter. Later when I received her email with the recipe, I wrote her back that I saw what she meant. She said she would make them again sometime. I know everyone will be pleased.

As someone who tries to limit her sugar intake, this recipe is one I would make when I knew I was sharing the brownies with someone so I wouldn't be left eating most of them. Believe me I could.

PRINT RECIPE.


JUNE'S BROWNIES

2     cups sugar

1     cup flour

1     cup (2 sticks) butter (melted) 

4     eggs

1/2  cup cocoa powder

1     teaspoon vanilla

1/2  teaspoon baking powder

1/2  teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 - inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Beat the eggs and then just combine the rest of the ingredients together in a large bowl until well blended.

Spread the batter in pan and bake for 25 minutes.

Cut into squares when cooled.

Decorate with powdered sugar or icing if you wish.





No comments:

Post a Comment