Tuesday, August 29, 2023

FRUIT SALAD

 I am really late in sharing this Fruit Salad recipe to you, but you can enjoy it anytime of the year. I chose to make it to take and share for our traditional 4th of July celebration with Friends Jamie and Martin who are also the godparents of our MO grandkids. 

Martin always cooks hamburgers and hot dogs and then everyone brings a dish to share. I usually make a dessert, but the group on the whole does not eat a lot of sweets and I end up bringing a lot of it home. That's why this year I decided to make this Fruit Salad and most of it was eaten.

I ended up using my "antique" big yellow bowl, filled it about half way with ice and then set the dish in it and it worked perfectly to keep the salad cold since it was a hot evening. I have posted a picture below the recipe.



PRINT RECIPE.

FRUIT SALAD

1     4 - oz container vanilla yogurt

1/2   cup whipped topping, thawed

1      cup seedless grapes, cut in half

1      cup miniature marshmallows

1      11 - oz can mandarian orange segments, drained

1       8 - oz can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained

1       cup fresh strawberries, sliced



Mix the yogurt and cool whip together in a large bowl.


Gently stir in the the grapes,

marshmallows, oranges, and pineapple.


Add the strawberries -

toss gently to coat.



Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator up to 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment