Monday, July 31, 2023

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES

 I have made several really good recipes for cookies that contain dry instant pudding mixes so I knew this recipe would be outstanding when I saw that was one of the ingredients. The title of the recipe from a dear friend's family cookbook that I bought at her estate sale when she died a few years ago is just Chocolate Chip Cookie. I decided to add the word "pudding" to distinguish it from all my other gazillion chocolate chip cookie recipes. 

I started with adding chocolate pudding to the title but as I was writing it up, I decided I would include vanilla in the recipe as that is what my late friend Linda's relative's recipe. Then as I continued through the recipe, my mind started wondering and I started thinking of all of the possibilities there were using other flavors of instant pudding. Can you imagine using butterscotch or pistachio or lemon...you get the idea. I can't wait to actually do it. Of course if you use a different flavor of instant pudding, you might want to try a different chip instead of chocolate chips, like butterscotch, or white baking bits, or toffee, etc.

I made the cookies with no sugar added using truvia brown sugar complete for the brown sugar and sugar-free chocolate pudding mix. Only the chocolate chips had sugar but I did use dark chocolate chips since it is better for you and doesn't contain as much sugar. I could have used some of my zero sugar chocolate chips but since I already had a no-sugar-added treat for the Cafe Treats, I would just save them for another Sunday and recipe. 

Needless to say, I love the cookie and recipe and especially it versatility. I think you will find it a special recipe also.

 


PRINT RECIPE.


CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES

3/4        cups brown sugar

1           cup (2 sticks) butter, softened

2           eggs

2-1/4     cups flour

1           teaspoon baking soda

1           4-oz package (4 - servings) instant pudding (chocolate, vanilla, or your favorite flavor)

2           cups (10 - 12 oz package) chocolate chips

1           teaspoon vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.


Beat the brown sugar, butter, and eggs together until

creamy. This took several minutes. (I just let the mixer beat while I prepared the dry ingredients.)

Add the vanilla.


Combine the flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and chocolate chips together to blend.

Slowly add the dry ingredients until all mixed up.
Use a spatula to make sure all of the dry ingredients were mixed in.


Using a cookie scoop drop dough onto the cookie sheet. If you want a flatter cookie, press lightly with two fingers.

If you like a smaller looking rounded cookie, just place the scoop of dough with the flat side down on the cookie sheet. The cookie on the left was placed with the flat side up. Cookies do not spread with baking.


Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Allow to cool a minute before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment