Wednesday, July 26, 2023

SOFT HONEY COOKIES

 It is always fun to "discover" new recipes that aren't really new but I just haven't ever made them even though it has been quite a while since I first found the recipe. My problem is I am a hoarder when it comes to collecting recipe and cookbooks. There I have admitted it. I really do need to go through my "collection" and spurge a bunch. Maybe I can start tomorrow. 😉

Anyway this recipe I had written in one of my several spiral notebooks that contains cutout recipes and recipes I have just written down when I originally saw them. It doesn't make a lot but I like recipes especially for cookies that makes a small amount when I am making cookies for just us.

I also like to make desserts with less sugar and this recipe fit that bill. I substituted stevia for the sugar required but did use the honey. The honey taste is a nice surprise when you take a bite. I might end up making them some Sunday for the Cafe Treats at church since I do make treats for others than the sugar-free bunch.

PRINT RECIPE.



SOFT HONEY COOKIES

1/2       cups sugar or stevia

1/4       cup oil

2          large eggs at room temperature

6          tablespoons honey

1-1/2    teaspoons vanilla

2-1/4    cups flour

1/2       teaspoon baking powder

1/2       teaspoon cinnamon

1/4       teaspoon salt


In a small bowl, beat the sugar and oil until blended.

Beat in the eggs and

then add the honey and vanilla


Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt with a whisk.

Gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well.

(dough will be stiff).

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 

******


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.


Scoop out dough using a tablespoon scoop and drop on prepared cookie sheets. (Cookies do not spread as they bake. I didn't know this so I prepared for them to spread, but they didn't.)


Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes are

until the bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.







Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment