Monday, July 24, 2023

COWBOY COOKIES

 I am way overdue sharing this recipe with you for Cafe Treats Baker Jean's Cowboy Cookies she made back in April. I was going through past emails and texts checking to see if I had recipes for treats that I had not shared and found this recipe. I am so sorry Jean that I am so late, but I did find it and am sharing it now.

I love Cowboy Cookies. I always think of my mother when I hear the name. She loved to make them when I was older. I don't remember them when I was young, but do after I was married. I guess she didn't have a recipe for them earlier. She did give me her recipe though. Unfortunately I tried to find it to compare with Jean's recipe, but couldn't find it in her recipe box. I bet I made them and the recipe didn't get back in her box. Oh dear! I will now have to find it.



COWBOY COOKIES

2     cups flour

1     teaspoon baking soda

1/2  teaspoon salt

1/2  teaspoon baking powder

1     cup shortening (can use half butter)

1     cup sugar

3/4  cup brown sugar

2     eggs, beaten

2     cups rolled oats

1     teaspoon vanilla

1     large package chocolate chips (2 cups)


Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder together. Set aside.

Blend the shortening and sugars.

Add the eggs; beat mixture until it is light and fluffy.

Add the flour mixture, oats, vanilla, and chocolate chips mixing until well blended.

Chill the dough for 15 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.

Using a tablespoon scoop, drop dough onto the cookie sheets.

Bake for 12 to 13 minutes or until the cookies are starting brown on the edges.

Cool slightly then remove them to finish cooling on a wire rack.

PRINT RECIPE.


No comments:

Post a Comment