Monday, July 17, 2023

GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES

 

I rarely buy pancake mix. There are so many excellent recipes out there that I just can't see the need. Besides, if I make my own, I can add my own touches to the recipe and have a variety of pancakes. This recipe didn't disappoint either. In fact, they were so good, one of the best recipes I have found. 

I had some wheat flour leftover from the unleavened bread recipe we use to make the communion bread for church that I have just started using. The grocery store has apparently switched the brand they are selling and I really liked the Hungarian wheat flour I was buying but I must admit this naturally sweet wheat flour that is stoneground whole white wheat flour is pretty awesome also. Both are light and not coarse like much wheat flour you find.

I also used a strawberry flavored Greek yogurt for an added twist. I also had vanilla and blueberry options. It has no sugar added, no fat, and no artificial flavors and is nice and thick. 

There wasn't that much sugar in the recipe, but I did substitute stevia for it. 

They were just about the prettiest pancakes I have made in a while. Hope you will give them a try.

PRINT RECIPE.



GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES

1       cup flour (I used half bread flour and half naturally sweet whole wheat white flour)

1-1/2 cups sugar or stevia

3/4    teaspoons baking powder

3/4    teaspoon baking soda

1/2    cup Greek yogurt (I used a strawberry flavored no fat/no added sugar/no artificial flavors yogurt.)

3/4    cup milk

1-1/2 tablespoons melted butter

1        egg

1/2     teaspoon vanilla


Whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and

then the wet ingredients in another larger bowl.

Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and

stir gently with a whisk until all of the dry ingredients are wet. It's okay to have a few small lumps.

Let batter set for 5 minutes to thicken slightly.

Heat skillet or griddle and cook as usual for pancakes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment