Monday, July 10, 2023

BANANA PUDDING COOKIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS

 I know. If you are reading the title of this post and also looking at the picture you are probably thinking I have lost it.  You see, the thing is the no-sugar-added white baking chips that I bought for this recipe, I ended up using in another sugar-free cookie last week and I really wanted to make the recipe. 

I always make something that is either sugar-free or no-sugar-added each weekend for the Cafe Treats at PWUMC on Sunday. I know several people are diabetic and need sugar-free and some are just trying to eat healthy and trying to reduce their intake of sugar. There are plenty that tell me, though, that they want all the sugar they can get. 

I had bought the sugar-free/fat-free instant banana cream pudding when I bought the no-sugar-added white baking chips and it was just sitting there in my pantry just begging me to use it. Truth-be-told I have about six or seven bananas that are ripening that I wanted to use in something, but I just kept coming back to this recipe. I will have to make something, maybe some banana bread for us in the next day or two.

In the meanwhile, I hope you will check out this recipe. The dough doesn't spread and I used my tablespoon cookie scoop. They just made the prettiest, most uniform cookie I think I have ever made. And of course, if you want to be different and use white baking chips, you certainly may.

 PRINT RECIPE.



BANANA PUDDING COOKIES with WHITE BAKING CHIPS

1-1/2   stick of butter (12 tablespoons), room temperature

3/4      cup light brown sugar (I used brown sugar complete)

1/4      cup white sugar (I used stevia)

1         (3.4 ounce) package instant banana cream pudding (I used the 0.9 oz sugar-free/fat-free package)

2         large eggs

1         teaspoon vanilla

2-1/4   cups flour

1         teaspoon baking soda

1-1/4   cups white baking chips (I used a 9 - oz bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips with no-sugar-added)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.


Combine the flour and baking soda with a whisk in a bowl and set aside.


In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer

until well blended. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.


Add in the dry pudding mix and continue to beat until

well blended.


Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.


Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed.

Add the chips and stir to evenly distribute them.


Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, measure out dough and drop scoops on cookie sheet about 1-1/2 inches apart. (Dough does not really spread when baked.)


Bake for 9 minutes. They will just be brown on the bottom. The cookies should be slightly under-cooked.


Allow to cool a minute or two on cookie sheets and then remove them to finish cooling on a wire rack.

Cool completely before storing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment