Tuesday, February 22, 2022

CRANBERRY QUICK COOKIES

 For once the weather forecasters were correct for us. They said we could get 2 - 7 inches of snow and we did. Seven inches. It's been a while since we had that much snow. Our only other snow, so far this year, was about 3 inches. 

I was surprised that we got so much snow. I had gotten up at 3:30 and could see puddles on our neighbors driveway and it was not snowing at all. But by 8:30 when I got up we had a good 3 inches. 

It continued to snow most of morning, but it was a fine blowing snow. I wonder how much we would have gotten if the snow had been big flakes? No matter it was not a surprise when I heard a snow blower outside. What did surprise me when I looked out the window was it was in front of our house. Emmett, our neighbor two doors down, was out clearing our driveway and sidewalk. He won't ever take money from us so I knew I would be taking a break from sewing to make something for him. He does like sweets!



CRANBERRY QUICK COOKIES

1      (15.6-oz) pkg. Pillsbury Cranberry Quick Bread & Muffin Mix

3/4   cup quick-cooking rolled oats

1/2   cup coconut

1/2   cup sweetened dried cranberries. 

1/2   teaspoon grated orange peel (I used dried orange peel)

1/2   cup oil

1      tablespoon water

2      eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a large bowl, combine the quick bread mix, oats, coconut, cranberries and orange peel.

Mix well.

Add the oil, water, and eggs.

Mix well. (Make sure you mix until all of the dry ingredients are moist.)

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. I used my tablespoon cookie scoop so my cookies were a little bigger than what the recipe called for. The second pan I flattened the cookie dough slightly.


Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown. I cooked mine the full 13 minutes.

Remove cookies from cookie sheets to cool on a wire rack.
LINK FOR JUST THE RECIPE HERE.

Here are some pictures of our snowblower, Emmett, and then the yard.



I didn't take a picture after he was finished... this is just half of the width of the driveway. He removed the snow in the forefront of this picture.

When it was snowing...


Our neighbor's back yard..





The birds eating in the snow...Our gold finches are more green than yellow right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment