Tuesday, February 15, 2022

SNOWY TRAIL MIX

 Super Bowl Sunday didn't carry the excitement I had hoped it  would since the Kansas City Chiefs weren't playing, but I decided to watch it wearing my Kansas City Chiefs' sweatshirt and enjoy a nutritious, healthy snack.

I found the recipe back around Christmas, bought the ingredients, but never got around to making it until now. The recipe says it will serve nine. Only in your dreams. If you have a group, you will probably need to double or even triple the recipe.

The only taste I missed was chocolate. Next time I would add some dark chocolate chips or chunks.



SNOWY TRAIL MIX

1/2    cup miniature marshmallows

1       cup mini twist pretzels

1/2    cup peanuts

1/2    cup dried cranberries

1/2    cup chocolate chips or chunks, optional

2       cups popped white popcorn


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Store in an airtight container up to 3 days, if it lasts that long. 















FYI UPDATE: It tastes great with the chocolate chips AND for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment