Thursday, February 24, 2022

CHOCOLATE COCONUT PIE (SF)

 Most of my time lately has been spent in my sewing room and what a joy that has been! It is winter afteral and finally looks like it the last half of February. The seven inches of snow we got last Thursday has taken its time in melting. At least the snowplow crew worked quickly and by Friday the road were passable. 

Since I have been quilting most of the day along with writing up the tutorials, I haven't spent much time in the kitchen. Friday though I couldn't wait another minute or put off making this delicious sugar-free (except for a small amount of added sugar in the graham cracker crust) any longer. It probably did help that I made the cookies to give to Emmett, a neighbors' son, for clearing our long driveway of snow. It was so nice waking up Saturday morning to a dry driveway.

I am considering this pie is sugar-free even though mine wasn't quite sugar-free. I did use a purchased graham cracker crust that has an added 5 g of sugar. If you make your own crust and use a sugar substitute for the sugar OR if you made a homemade crust and baked it first, it would be truly sugar-free.

I've never had a chocolate coconut pie, but we really liked it. The recipe actually called for English toffee candy bars chopped, but I didn't have them and besides I wanted it to be SF. Next time I will use Chocolate Fudge SF instant pudding so it will be richer tasting.



CHOCOLATE COCONUT PIE (SF)

2     cups cold milk (I used skim milk)

2     pkg. (4-serving size each) chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling (SF) or chocolate fudge flavor (SF)

1     tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed, divided

1/2 - 1 cup of unsweetened coconut

1     pie crust - baked first or homemade graham cracker crust for SF or purchased graham cracker crust for low sugar


Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes.

Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, or until well blended. The mixture will be thick.


Gently fold in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. (Stirring deflates the whipped topping.)

Make sure you completely combine the pudding mixture and the whipped topping.


Add about 3/4ths of the coconut; saving the rest of sprinkling on top of the pie. 

Fold in the coconut.


Spoon the pie filling into the crust.

Top with the remaining whipped topping and then sprinkle the rest of the coconut on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment