Friday, September 13, 2019

APPLE GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

There are so amazing recipes out there. I know a lot of people go online looking for recipes and some even find their way to my blog which is great! 

I love buying cookbooks and then just going page by page checking out the recipes. Sometimes I put a little piece of paper to mark the place and sometimes I write the recipe name and page number down on a piece of paper and then stick it in the front of the book. A disadvantage to the latter is sometimes the paper drops out and then I can't find the cookbook when I find the paper later. (You don't know how many cookbooks I have. I keep saying I am going to sort through them and take ones I don't want down to the thrift shop and let them sell them, but when I pick up a cookbook I haven't seen in months or years, I start finding recipes that sound good.)

Today's recipe for Apple German Chocolate Cake was super delicious. I made it and took it to the thrift shop because it was super easy. I like taking cakes to them that don't have to be frosted. The nuts and chocolate chips on top make a pretty topping on the cake. The recipe was in Taste of Home The NEW Potluck cookbook.


APPLE GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

1     can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
1     package German chocolate cake mix
3     eggs
3/4  cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2  cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan. Set aside.

Place the pie filling in a large mixing bowl, and beat the filling on medium to chop the apples. (If you have some slices that don't break up, cut them with a knife.)
Add dry cake mix and eggs.
Blend on low to combine all ingredients. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
Pour batter into pan.
Sprinkle with nuts and
chocolate chips.


Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until done.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting.


No comments:

Post a Comment