Monday, September 30, 2019

EASY PEACH DUMPLINGS

Friend Carol recently shared a recipe with me for Easy Apple Dumplings. She said they were really good and with apples ripening on the trees right now, it was a good recipe to have. The recipe is different, but back in 2017 I wrote a POST on Apple Dumplings that she had made for the Tasty Bunch.

The recipe Carol brought me inspired me to use fresh peaches instead of the apples. I have made the recipe three times and could easily make it three more times. I made a few additional changes from her recipe besides changes the apples to peaches. I also made the recipe smaller (8 servings), but you can double it if you want to serve more and make it in a larger pan.

If your peach is large, you can make it using only one peach. If it is smaller, I would suggest using 2 peaches. You can also add a scoop of ice cream, if you like.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


EASY PEACH DUMPLINGS

1     (8 - oz) can crescent rolls
1     stick butter
1/2  cup brown sugar baking blend (or 1 cup regular brown sugar)
2     teaspoons vanilla
1     teaspoon cinnamon
6     oz diet 7 - Up or other lemon soda 
1     large fresh peach or 2 smaller peaches

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 - inch round cake pan. Set aside.

Peel peach and cut in half to remove pit. Cut each half in half and then each quarter in half. (8 wedges.) (I cut two large peaches because the pitch split in half with the first one and I wanted to make sure none of it was left on the peach wedge so I cut two.)
Open can of crescent rolls and
place peach wedge (2 is using small peaches) on wide end and roll up roll.
Place in cake pan like spokes on a wheel.


Melt butter and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon
and stir until thickens. Add vanilla.
Remove from heat and spoon over the dumplings making sure you leave no spot uncovered.
Pour the soda in the middle and around between the dumplings. Do not pour the drink over the dumplings.
Bake for 30 minutes (45 min for doubled recipe) or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
Serve warm with ice cream if you like or
just alone and enjoy the fresh peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment