Monday, September 9, 2019

PEANUT BUTTER & HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE

Last Thursday our canasta group met at Friend Fran's house. I'm not sure how many years I have been doing this, but I am still bringing dessert for her. 😊 She was so nervous when she started hosting the small groups she was in because she didn't know what to serve. I love making desserts and needed another outlet for my desserts that I made and shared on this blog, so I told her I would bring dessert for her. AND I am still doing it and still loving it. 

I had told her I was going to bring a pie since there would only be six of us playing cards. I had found two different recipes for pies that I wanted to try the week before. The problem was I didn't look at the recipes until Wednesday and realized they both made 2 pies. Well, I wasn't prepared to make that much (I am going to make one of the recipes for this Thursday when the Mexican Train group comes to my house. So far 12 are coming so I will definitely need 2 pies.) so I started looking for something else. 

I picked out this recipe for Peanut Butter & Hot Fudge Pudding Cake that is made in the slow cooker and said made 6 servings. Six servings was a stretch though. I was glad Fran also had ice cream because I would say the recipe serves 4. BUT everyone said it was quite tasty and all I had to do was mix up the ingredients and put them in the slow cooker. Then I took it over to Fran's house and plugged it in and just turned it down to Keep Warm when it was finished but we weren't quite ready for it.

Sara Wilson of Blairstown, MO submitted the recipe in the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook - Feasting with your Slow Cooker by Dawn J. Ranck and Phyllis Pellman Good.


PEANUT BUTTER & HOT FUDGE PUDDING CAKE

1/2     cup flour
1/4     cup sugar
3/4     teaspoon baking powder
1/3     cup milk
1        tablespoon oil
1/2     teaspoon vanilla
1/4     cup peanut butter
1/2     cup sugar
3        tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1        cup boiling water
ice cream

Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and baking powder with a whisk.
Add milk, oil, and vanilla.
Mix until smooth with a whisk.
Stir in the peanut butter
til smooth.
Pour into slow cooker and spread evenly over the bottom.
(Make sure you use a rubber spatula to get all of the batter.)


Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and cocoa powder with a whisk.
Gradually stir in the boiling water.
Carefully pour mixture over the batter in the slow cooker.
Do not stir.


Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. ( I baked mine 2 hours and then lower temperature to Keep Warm setting.)


Serve warm with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment