Tuesday, March 13, 2018

ITALIAN OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN

I just couldn't find a day last week to post the entree I made  for us. I had some sweets I just didn't want to wait to share with you AND I have been trying to share pictures, etc from our cruise. Believe it or not, it usually takes me about 3 hours to create just one post of our travels. It isn't as easy finding sites to link to of the islands in the Caribbean. So many of them seem to be written for tourism and I want to provide more historical and factual information than they give. (I hope you have been checking them out. We had such a good time and really enjoyed the warm weather, too.)  

JoAnna M. Lund's, One Pot Favorites (100 recipes for delectable, healthy soups, casseroles, skillet dishes, and desserts) is a small cookbook but is really loaded with more information than just recipes. I have quite a few recipes I want to try from it. This one sounded so good and I loved it used chicken. I have a few chicken breasts left from that 40 lbs of chicken breasts I bought last year from Zaycon Fresh and individually froze that I need to use. I found this one breast in the freezer that easily weighed a pound that worked out perfectly for this recipe. I just cut it into four strips that probably had as much meat as one regular size chicken breast. As it turned out, we ended up having about 2-1/2 meals from the recipe. 



ITALIAN OVEN-BAKED CHICKEN

16       ounces skinned and boned uncooked chicken breasts, cut into 4 pieces 
1         (10-3/4 ounce can) Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4      cup (3/4-ounces) grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
1         teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1         teaspoon Italian seasoninng

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 8 - inch baking dish with olive oil-flavored cooking spray.
(I just drizzled a little olive oil in the bottom of the pan.)


I used a super-huge chicken breast,
cut into four pieces.


Evenly arrange the chicken pieces in the dish.


In a small bowl, combine the chicken soup, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes, and Italian seasoning. 



Evenly spoon soup mixture over chicken.
(Mixture is thick but will cover the pieces nicely.)


Cover (I used aluminum foil) and bake for 30 minutes.


Remove cover (foil) and continue baking for 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.






When serving, evenly spoon sauce from pan over the chicken pieces. (I served it over some cooked brown rice.)



1 comment: