Thursday, March 29, 2018

COCONUT KEY LIME CREAM PIE

After spending 21 of the 29 days of February in Florida and the Caribbean, I had more than one piece of Key Lime pie. After getting back home, I couldn't help but want to make my own version. I have made a version of this recipe before, but decided to make some major changes to it, thus the new name for it.

My husband and I enjoyed a "small" (1/8 of the pie size) piece the night before I was having my quilting canasta friends over for an afternoon of canasta. It was so good, I decided to just serve the rest of it to the ladies and I told my husband I would make us another one. (I haven't yet, but it's because I need to go back to Aldi and get the yogurts I used.)


COCONUT KEY LIME CREAM PIE

1       (4-serving size) package of lime jello (I used a sugar-free package)
1/4    cup boiling water
2       (6 - oz) containers key lime pie Greek yogurt
1       (6 - oz) container toasted coconut Greek yogurt
1       pint French vanilla ice cream, softened
1       (9 - inch) graham cracker pie crust

Mix the lime jello with the boiling water. Stir til jello is completely dissolved.

Add yogurts 


and ice cream to jello mixture.
Stir until all ingredients are well blended.

Pour in pie crust.

Cover and refrigerate several hours til set. (I made mine the afternoon before and cut it at dinner the next night.)

Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment