Wednesday, March 14, 2018

MARMALADE YUMMIES


It seems like I have been making mainly cookies since we got back from our cruise. It's true my cookie jar gets really lonely when it is empty. I like to have cookies because often I just need a little something sweet. My husband also is a fan of cookies. I often hear the metal lid on the cookie jar hitting the glass jar as he opens and closes it.

I made these cookies to take to Friend Fran's house when she hosted our Mexican Train group. I made two different ones but I will share the Old Fashioned Lemon Drop Cookies in another post. Friends Carol, Sue, and Janice who were sitting at my table especially liked these. Janice took one bite and said, "This recipe will be on your blog, won't they?" Carol wondered if you could use other flavored preserves or jams. She quickly said she loved the orange marmalade but just wondered. 

I found the recipes in my Kitchen-Klatter Cookbook. It is definitely a keeper.



MARMALADE YUMMIES

2/3         cup sugar
1/3         cup butter, at room temperature
1            egg
5            tablespoons orange marmalade
1/4         teaspoon orange flavoring
1/2         teaspoon lemon flavoring
1-1/2      cups flour
2            teaspoons baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease two cookies sheets. (I used two non-stick cookie sheets.)


Blend sugar and butter until light and creamy.
(I let the mixer beat while I prepared the rest of the ingredients.) Don't forget to scrape the sides of the bowl.


Beat in the egg, marmalade, and flavorings.


Sift the flour and resift with baking powder.


Stir the sifted ingredients into the creamed mixture.
(Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.)


Drop the batter from a teaspoon well apart on cookie sheet. (I used my cookie scoop that holds 1 tablespoon of water. Cookie do spread so place 2 inches apart.)


Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.


I left cookies on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing them to finish cooling on wire rack. 





Made almost 2-1/2 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment