Thursday, March 8, 2018

CHERRY DROP COOKIES


My cookie jar just doesn't like to be empty. That means I am often looking for cookie recipes. I especially look for recipes that make no more than 3 dozen cookies. If the recipe makes more, I look at the ingredient amounts, especially eggs, to see if I can cut the amounts in half. With this recipe for Cherry Drop Cookies, even though the recipe didn't state how many cookies it makes, I knew it wouldn't be many with only 1-1/2 cups of flour. As it was, I made 28 cookies. With that many my husband and I would have plenty to enjoy and I could share a few with friends.



CHERRY DROP COOKIES

1-1/2       cups flour
1/2          teaspoon baking soda
1/4          teaspoon salt
1/2          cup butter or margarine (1 stick), room temperature
2/3          cup brown sugar
1             egg
1/4          cup maraschino cherry juice
1/2          teaspoon Kitchen-Klatter cherry flavoring (I omitted)
Maraschino cherries halves or bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, and soda. Set aside.

Cream the butter and brown sugar til smooth and light. Scrape the sides of the bowl.

Beat in egg. Scrape the sides of the bowl.


Add alternately the flour mixture with the cherry juice, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. (I do about 1/3 of the flour mixture each time and half of the juice at a time.)




Drop by a cookie scoop on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Press a cherry half on the top of the dough. (I cut my cherries into fourths, but decided a half would have been better as I ended up using two quarters on each to give the cookie more cherry bits.) Cookies will flatten as they bake so it isn't necessary to flatten the dough.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Cool on pan 1 minutes before removing to cool on wire rack.




"Do try these. They are delicious." - so stated in the Kitchen-Klatter Cookbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment