Thursday, December 7, 2017

CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS

I didn't make these to give to someone for Christmas. We just enjoyed them ourselves. Don't get me wrong. They would be good to bake and then give to someone. I guess that is what the authors of Favorite Brand Name Gifts From The Christmas Kitchen intended when they included the recipe in their book.

I enjoy just about anything that is cranberry and orange together and these muffins weren't disappointing. He didn't say much, but I think (from the way he ate them) that my husband really, really liked them.



CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE MUFFINS

1       3 - oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4    cup sugar, divided
1       cup milk (I used skim milk)
1/3    cup oil
1       egg
1       pkg cranberry orange muffin & quick bread mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or spray 12 muffin cups.

Beat cream cheese and 2 tablespoons sugar in small bowl until well blended. 
Combine milk, oil, and egg in large bowl;
beat with a fork or whisk until blended.
Stir in quick bread mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Fill muffin cups 1/4 full with batter. (I used my cookie scoop which holds 1 tablespoon of water and put two scoops in each cup.)
Drop about a teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each cup.
Spoon the rest of the batter over the cream cheese mixture.

Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining sugar.
Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes.
Remove from muffin cups to wire rack to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment