Monday, March 9, 2015

CRANBERRY MUFFINS

The other day when I made Orange Julius' for us to try out, I also made these Cranberry Muffins. When Friend Janice and I went out last week to several estate sales , I found this small cookbook published by Ocean Spray Cranberry Kitchen called 101 All - Time Favorite Cranberry Recipes. It originally sold for 25 cents and fortunately that's all I had to pay for it. I told Janice I had a bunch of frozen cranberries that I needed to find some recipes to use them.

Several recipes immediately looked interesting, but muffins with a breakfast drink were just too tempting. And we weren't disappointed either.


CRANBERRY MUFFINS

3/4     cup cranberries, halved (I did use frozen cranberries)
1/2      cup powdered sugar
2         cups flour
3         teaspoons baking powder
1/2      teaspoon salt
1/4      cup sugar (I used stevia)
1          egg, well beaten
1          cup milk
4         tablespoons shortening, melted (I did just use canola oil)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.


Mix cranberry halves with powdered sugar in a medium sized bowl and let stand while preparing muffin mixture.


Sift the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar (stevia) into a large mixing bowl.


Add the egg, milk and oil all at once to the dry ingredients. Mix until dry ingredients are dampened; do not beat.

Fold in the sugared cranberries.


Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.


Bake for 20 minutes.

Cool 5 minutes before removing.



No comments:

Post a Comment