Tuesday, March 31, 2015

BLACK BEAN DIP

This Black Bean Dip is the other dip I made for our bridge friends when they gathered at our house. I found this recipe in The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook (1999). It was super easy and fast to prepare. I didn't read that the recipe said to serve warm. I made it in the morning so I wouldn't be rushed just before they arrived. It worked out fine though. I just reheated it in the microwave just before they arrived. I'm not crazy about black beans, but enjoyed the dip.



BLACK BEAN DIP

1       (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1       (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
1/2   cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1       teaspoon chili powder
Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese


Combine the beans and tomato sauce in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat. 


Mash beans with a potato masher or the back of a spoon.


Add the cheese and chili powder; stirring constantly until cheese melts.

Garnish if desired.

Serve dip warm with tortilla chips or pita chips or crackers.





Yield: 2 cups.

Calories: 25/tablespoon

No comments:

Post a Comment