Friday, December 19, 2014

BLUEBERRY CORN MUFFINS

For Christmas my dil Sara gave me four cookbooks. You can imagine how excited I was when I opened the package. So far I have had time to go through three of them. Instead of writing the title of recipes on a card and placing the card inside the cookbook, I have started putting a check mark by the title in the book's index. That way I don't have to be worry about keeping the card inside the book....I have lost a few of these cards.

One of the recipes that I marked in the Taste of Home's 2007 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes was this one for Blueberry Corn Muffins. When I don't want to make a full recipe of cornbread (The Best Cornbread in the World), I like to use a box of Jiffy cornbread mix. So when I saw this recipe, it immediately caught my eye. 

And am I glad it did. I experimented last year by adding mashed sweet potatoes (Jiffy Sweet Potato Cornbread). I really liked the result of the cornbread muffins with the sweet potatoes. Likewise, the addition of the blueberries, created a unique tasting cornbread muffin.



BLUEBERRY CORN MUFFINS

1       package  (8.5 oz) corn bread muffin mix
1       tablespoon brown sugar
1       egg, beaten
1/3    cup milk
1/2    cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray or add a little oil in 8 muffin cups.

In a large bowl, combine the cornbread mix and the brown sugar.

Add the egg and milk to the mixture. Stir just til dry ingredients are moistened.

Fold in the blueberries.

Divide the batter evenly to make 8 muffins.

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing them.







No comments:

Post a Comment