Wednesday, December 10, 2014

CORN CASSEROLE

I don't know how many Potlucks I have attended in my life. I do know that probably most of them were at churches. Here in Kansas City, the Northland New Neighbors that I joined when we moved here have potlucks.  They don't call them potlucks though. Not sure why? But they don't.  Instead they have dinner groups; couples that meet at one of the member's house (they furnish the entree) and everyone else brings an appetizer, salad, side dish, or dessert. Besides getting to enjoy some delicious food, I have been fortunate enough to be able to share some of the recipes with you. Some friends come prepared with the recipe written out for me because they know I will be asking them for it. 

Janice made this Corn Casserole at a recent gathering.  She forgot to give me the recipe that night, but has carried it around in her billfold for weeks until she finally remembered to give it me. 


CORN CASSEROLE

3         cans (11 - oz) undrained corn (one of the three Mexicorn)
1          cup chopped onion
2         eggs, beaten
1-1/2   cups sour cream
1          stick margarine, melted
1-1/2   cups grated cheese (4 cheese Mexican)

1          box Jiffy cornbread mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.

Add the cornbread mix and stir.

Pour mixture into dish and bake for 40 minutes.

Sprinkle the cheese on top and return to oven to bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment