Friday, December 12, 2014

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

I decided to make these delicious cookies to take with us when we went to CO for an early Christmas with our older son and his family. I omitted the nuts because our granddaughters have nut allergies. I also halved the recipe because I didn't want to make 60 cookies. 

The recipe is another one from the Company's Coming Gifts from the Kitchen book I bought while teaching school in CA. At the time, I didn't have a lot of free time to explore it, but now that I am retired.....


DOUBLE CHOCOLATE COOKIES

1/2        cup margarine, room temperature
3/4       cup brown sugar, packed
1            large egg
1/2        teaspoon vanilla
1/4        cup plain yogurt (I used plain Greek yogurt)
1-1/4     cup flour
1-1/4     cup quick-cooking rolled oats (not instant)
1/4        teaspoon baking powder
1/2        teaspoon baking soda
1/4        teaspoon salt
1/2        cup white chocolate chips
1/2        cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1/2        cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease cookie sheets.

Cream margarine and brown sugar together in large bowl until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended. Add yogurt. Beat until well mixed.

Combine flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Gradually add to margarine mixture until well blended.

Add chips and nuts. Stir to blend.

Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. (I used my tablespoon size cookie scoop.) Flatten dough using slightly wet fingers.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.  

Remove and cool on a wire rack. Makes 3 dozen cookies with 69 calories/cookie. I omitted the nuts which would reduce the calories/cookie. (Simply double the recipe if you wish to make more cookies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment