Tuesday, January 21, 2014

NEIMAN-MARCUS (CHOCOLATE CHIP) COOKIE RECIPE

It was 3 degrees outside when I checked the temperature this morning.  It was up several degrees by the time I met Janice at the YMCA to walk 45 minutes/about 2 miles.  We don't count the "trips" just watch the time.  Easier that way.  At least the wind wasn't blowing so it didn't feel that bad.  The last couple of days the wind gusts have been 25+ mph.  The 60s on Sunday didn't even feel that warm because of the wind. The next couple of days it will be cold again (brrrrr) and then warm up for the weekend.  That seems like what our winter is going to be now....a roller coaster ride.

This afternoon I have almost made a new skirt for me.  All I have to do is the facing at the waist and hem it.  It's looking pretty.  

Tonight I am off with my "Theater Friends" to see Sister Act at the Music Hall.  This is our second in the Broadway Series.  Wicked was fantastic.  Looking forward to a fun evening.

Today I am sharing a recipe I made yesterday so my husband could take some to share at his tax preparation class at Fort Leavenworth. I also took some this morning to Janice for her and her husband to enjoy.  I enjoyed one when I got home from the Y.  I hope you will give them a try.

This is another recipe that I had cut out and pasted in my spiral notebook years ago of recipes to try.  It was typed on white paper.  I am not sure where I got it.  It looks like it could have been in one of those "collection cookbooks" that teachers hand out at holidays.  Cookbook is a little strong because these handouts didn't usually contain more than a dozen recipes.  

The original recipe made 112 cookies but it was easy for me to cut the recipe in half.  That is what I am sharing....the smaller amount. I did substitute sugar blends (as I usually do) to reduce the calories in the cookies.  I also used dark (60% cacao) chips.  I rarely buy milk chocolate chip these days.  Fill free to use the full amounts of the sugars and milk chocolate chips if you like.  (I do have to say that the recipe just calls for "chocolate chips".  The recipe also called for a Hersey Bar (grated) and I used a premium dark chocolate 70% cocoa bar.  My husband and I were well pleased with my version.




NEIMAN-MARCUS (CHOCOLATE CHIP) COOKIE RECIPE

1        cup margarine/butter (2 sticks)
1/2     cup sugar/stevia blend (or 1 cup sugar)
1/2     cup brown sugar/stevia blend (or 1 cup brown sugar)
2        eggs
1        teaspoon vanilla
2        cups flour
2-1/2 cups blended oatmeal*
1        teaspoon baking soda
1        teaspoon baking powder
1/2     teaspoon salt
12      oz. chocolate chips
4        oz. chocolate bar (grated)
1-1/2 cups chopped nuts

* measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. (1-1/2 cups oats will make 1-1/2 cup oatmeal flour--I used rolled oats)





Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Cream margarine/butter with sugars til creamy.






Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well.






Mix together flour, oats flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.




Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture.








Add the chocolate chips, grated chocolate bar, and nuts.











Roll into balls....I used my cookie scoop....and place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.






Bake for 10 minutes.









Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet.









Remove cookies to cool completely on wire rack.












No comments:

Post a Comment