Sunday, October 14, 2012

PERFECT PUMPKIN PANCAKES

I am still working on my next installment of our recent vacation.  Since it is taking me longer to write, I will share with you a recent recipe I made for pumpkin pancakes. If you are following the posts on our vacation, I hope you will check back tomorrow and hear about our first two full days in Williamsburg.  I am enjoying reliving them.  Until then, I hope you will continue to read about my new found recipe using pumpkin.

This time of the year, I enjoy cooking with pumpkin and apples.  They make the kitchen smell so good when they are cooking.  The other night I decided to make pumpkin pancakes and wanted to share the recipe with you.





PERFECT PUMPKIN PANCAKES

2   cups flour
2   tablespoon brown sugar
1   tablespoon baking powder
1-1/4   teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or substitute 3/4  teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4  teaspoon nutmeg, and 1/8  teaspoon ground cloves)
1   teaspoon salt
1-3/4   cups skim milk
1/2   cup canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree 
1   large egg
2   tablespoons canola oil

1.   Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a large mixing bowl.
 2.  In a medium bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, egg and oil, mixing well.

3.  Add wet ingredients to flour mixture;

4.  Stir just until moist.  Batter may be lumpy.

5.  Lightly coat a griddle or skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium.

6.  Pour batter onto  hot griddle.  Cook until bubbles begin to burst, then flip pancakes and cook until golden brown, 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
 **
7.  Serve with maple syrup or applesauce. 

  
** My husband likes his pancakes large and I like my "Silver Dollar" size.  This works well in the skillet as I can't get two large ones in the skillet but can get 1 large one and 2 small ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment