Sunday, October 28, 2012

OZARK PUDDING

I cut this recipe out of a military magazine back in 2008.  Since I am from Arkansas, the name caught my eye.  When I read the ingredients, it never seemed like it was much and so I have never tried it.  

Today I decided it was time to do so.  It seemed simple enough....almost too simple but I decided if it flopped, I wouldn't be out much time or ingredients.



OZARK PUDDING

1   egg
3/4   cup sugar (I used Splenda)
1/4   cup flour
1-1/4   teaspoon baking powder
1/8   teaspoon salt
1/2   cup chopped nuts
1/2   cup apple, peeled and chopped
1   teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray an 8 - inch pie pan with cooking oil.

Beat the egg and sugar together until well blended.

Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.  Add it to the egg mixture.

Stir in the chopped apple, chopped nuts, and vanilla.


Pour into the pie plate.

 Carefully spread the batter out to the edge of the pie plate.

Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.


My husband and I both agreed it was very good.  I'm not sure why it is called  a pudding.  Did puddings used to be different?  Anyway, just forget that it is called "pudding" and enjoy it as it is.  I would compare it with a good soft apple/nut cookie. It tastes good with the ice cream or just like a cookie.  I will be making it again either way.   

No comments:

Post a Comment