Thursday, October 25, 2012

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS

I am so excited about sharing this recipe with you that I stopped sewing on my granddaughter Sadie's Ruffled T-Shirt Dress so I could write this post.  OMG!  These muffins are to die-for.  They are that good.


I saw the recipe on Nomadic Nom Nom.  I changed the title of the muffins to better identify them.  (She omitted "pumpkin".)  I think the word needs to be there to distinguish the recipe from another muffin recipe you might have.  


When you eat the muffin, it is hard to believe that it was made with only 3 ingredients.  To reduce calories, I used the Devil's Food Sugar Free cake mix by Pillsbury.  You wouldn't have to.  I also use dark chocolate chips.  I personally prefer the taste of dark chocolate chips to any of the other ones.  Feel free to use which ever one you like.  The recipe made 18  2-1/2 inch muffins.

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS

1   box  chocolate cake mix
1   can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1   cup chocolate chips (6 oz)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line the cups of a muffin tin with paper muffin cups.  Spray with cooking oil.




Mix together the cake mix and pumpkin for 2 minutes at medium speed.






Add the chocolate chips.  Batter will be thick.








Fill the muffin cups 3/4ths of the way full to make nice looking muffins.






Bake for 20 minutes or til toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.  Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.



Remove from pan and continue to cool on rack. 








Now isn't that a good-looking muffin?










I read the muffins were also good using a spice cake mix and pumpkin.  You could use either butterscotch chips or cinnamon chips.  Will have to try that version, but on another day.  Right now I have to get back and finish Sadie's Ruffled T-Shirt Dress.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment