Tuesday, February 19, 2013

PECAN CRUSTED BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS

I like cooking chicken tenders because they are smaller than a chicken breast....even eating two tenders. I have found several different ways to cook them over the last several weeks.  

The first time I tried this recipe, my husband and I weren't real happy with the results. Not giving up on the basic recipe though, I thought I would work on it until it tasted "tasty".  

Last night I tried my revised recipe and it was so much better. Just walking into the kitchen after I had taken them out of the oven, my husband said, "The smell is much better (than the first time I tried the recipe)." The pecans are a nice addition to the "coating" mixture.

I don't do spicy, but if you do, I would recommend increasing the amount of Emeril's Original ESSENCE to 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons.



PECAN CRUSTED BAKED CHICKEN TENDERS

1     cup all-purpose baking mix (I use Jiffy baking mix)
1/2  teaspoon salt
1     teaspoon Emeril's Original ESSENCE 
1     teaspoon paprika
1/2  teaspoon pepper
1/2  cup finely chopped pecans
1/2  cup buttermilk
4     tablespoon canola oil
4 - 8 chicken tenders

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Will use an ungreased cookie sheet or covered with parchment paper.

Combine baking mix, salt, seasonings and pecans. Place in a shallow pan.

Pour buttermilk in a different shallow pan.

Place the dishes in an assembly-line arrangement for easy transfers.

Dip the chicken tender in the buttermilk, turning over to coat both sides.



Then in the baking mix, turning over to coat both sides well with mix.



Place the tenders in a skillet with 2-4 tablespoons canola oil. 



Fry 1 minute on each side.



Place on cookie sheet.



Bake for 18-20 minutes, til done.





1 comment:

  1. My husband and I both liked it a lot. He likes his food more spicy than I do, so he would have liked more of Emeril's Essence. Next time I might make mine and then add more Essence to the baking mix and then coat his. Let me know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete