Friday, October 26, 2012

PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE

I have a recipe for a pumpkin butterscotch bundt cake from scratch that I have made several times that uses butterscotch chips.  I saw this recipe by Candy Ayers that used butterscotch pudding and a cake mix.  Since I didn't have the chips and I did have the pudding, I decided I would try it.  I also like to make mini loaves because I can freeze them and I don't have so much at a time that has to be eaten.  This recipe worked well in the mini loaves.  You can make it in a bundt pan if you prefer. I also used a sugar free yellow cake mix and sugar free instant pudding to reduce calories.  It worked fine.  Feel free to use a regular cake mix and instant pudding.


PUMPKIN BUTTERSCOTCH CAKE

1   box yellow cake mix (sugar free)
1   small box butterscotch instant pudding (sugar free)
1/4   cup canola oil
1/4   cup water
1   cup canned pumpkin
2   teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
4   eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray four mini loaf pans or a Bundt pan with cooking spray.

Combine the cake mix and pudding in a large mixing bowl to blend.  Add the oil, water, pumpkin, spice, and eggs.  Combine on low for 30 seconds.  Scrape sides of bowl if necessary.  Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.

Pour in pan(s) and bake for 40 minutes (loaves) - 50 to 55 minutes (Bundt pan).

Cool in pan(s) on wire rack for 15 minutes.

Remove from pan(s) and cool completely.

Can dust with powdered sugar to serve.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!!! This article is too simple that everybody can understand and make cake after reading this article.
    http://www.cakengifts.in/cake-delivery-in-dehradun
    Awesome Birthday Cakes
    Beautiful Anniversary Cakes

    ReplyDelete