Saturday, October 27, 2012

COLORS OF FALL

I love the colors of fall.  Even though I can't wear most of them.... the browns, the oranges, etc.  But I do love seeing those colors around me.  Yesterday for my Friday with Janice, we went to some estate sales, some garage sales, had lunch, and stopped by Weston's Red Barn Farm.  I got some pretty pictures and wanted to share them with you.  I also thought I would share some pictures in the neighborhood from past falls.  The trees were just as pretty this year, surprising enough, since we had so little rain this summer.  I just didn't get any pictures this year.  

Yesterday's drive on the back roads was just beautiful.  Earlier this week we had some strong winds and some rain, so many of the trees are already bare of their colorful leaves.  When this happens, you can see some beautiful houses that are normally hidden by the trees.  Well, what made yesterday so beautiful was the fact that because of the rain, the grass, that has been dead looking this summer, looks like it is spring.  The green is so pretty.  So it was like seeing three seasons at once, spring green grass, fall colored leaves on the trees, and bare winter trees.

Scenes from Weston's Red Barn Farm....








Fall colors in the neighborhood...





At our house....











One of my plants I had to bring in from outside.  Too pretty not to keep.

I hope you have enjoyed my photo journal and that you are enjoying the colors of fall where you are.

UPDATE!  As my husband and I were leaving this evening to go get something to eat, I noticed the tea rose bush that my son Jeffrey and his wife Sara sent me for Mother's Day 2 years ago.  My friend Sue told me I could plant it in the yard on a south side.  I have never been able to grow one in the house so thought I would give it a try.  This is how it looks today even though we have had a couple of frosts.  It is so beautiful and I think of Jeffrey and Sara every time I look at it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment